Call for Papers
The Schulich School of Music of McGill University, in association with the Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Music Media and Technology (CIRMMT), will host the International Computer Music Conference (ICMC) in Montreal (Quebec, Canada) from 16 – 21 August 2009. We invite the submission of papers examining aesthetic, compositional, educational, musicological, scientiﬁc, and technological aspects of computer music and digital audio.
The online submissions system will open on 5 January 2009.
Key Dates for Submissions:
- 5 January 2009: Paper Submission Site Open
- 30 January 2009: Full Paper Submission Deadline
- 15 April 2009: Paper Decision Notiﬁcation
- 15 May 2009: Final “Camera-Ready” Paper Deadline
Please submit PDFs with all author information removed for blind review for the following presentation categories:
- Short Paper (4 pages maximum in Proceedings, 20 minutes lecture presentation)
- Long Paper (8 pages maximum in Proceedings, 30 minutes lecture presentation)
- Poster (4 pages maximum in Proceedings)
- Demonstration (4 pages maximum in Proceedings)
Papers selected for lecture presentation will be allotted either 20- or 30-minutes during single-track technical sessions. They should be of substantial contribution to the ﬁeld and must be accompanied by a written paper submission, which may be up to 4 (short) or 8 (long) pages including images and references. Posters and demonstrations are a forum for discussion of work-in-progress and/or signiﬁcant or important results that are better suited for more interactive presentation. They must be accompanied by a written paper submission of up to 4 pages in length including images and references. Posters will be presented on a single A0 size sheet during a poster session. Demonstrations will be presented in a classroom setting. All submissions will be subject to blind review by an international panel. One of the authors must present the work at the conference (and pay the registration fee) for it to appear in the proceedings.